TELE HEALTHCARE 1January 12, 2021
You can use either the online essay OR the book, if you have it, to answer the assigned questions.
The link for the online essay is:
The questions are as follows:
- According to Finkelstein, what is Goldhagenâ€™s central thesis in HWE?
- On page 6, Finkelstein writes that â€œthere is no prima facie grounds for dismissing Goldhagenâ€™s thesis.â€ What does he mean by that?
- Finkelstein points to a few different contradictions in Goldhagenâ€™saccount. Explain one of them, and evaluate whether or not it is indeed a contradiction.
- Finkelstein claims that HWE â€œis a monument to question beggingâ€ (page 10). What IS question begging, and how does Goldhagen do it? (Hint: â€œbegging the questionâ€ is not the same as â€œraises the question,â€ although in popular speech, they are often used interchangeably).
- On page 21, Finkelstein objects to Goldhagenâ€™s use of secondary sources. What are the problems with the secondary sources and howGoldhagen uses them, according to Finkelstein?
- Finkelstein maintains that based on Goldhagenâ€™s definition of anti-Semitism, virtually anyone could be considered anti-Semitic. How doesGoldhagen define anti-Semitism? Is Finkelsteinâ€™s criticism legitimate? Explain.
- What is some historical evidence Finkelstein brings up about German society that complicates Goldhagenâ€™s thesis that German society was rabidly anti-Semitic? What evidence does Finkelstein use to complicateGoldhagenâ€™s assertion that anti-Semitism was the only cause of the Holocaust?
- On page 46, Finkelstein identifies 3 main strategies that Goldhagenuses to support his thesis: tacit admission; minimization; and misrepresentation. He then documents examples of these in the table following. Choose one of his examples and evaluate whether Finkelsteinâ€™s critique is a fair one. Secondly, choose one of these tactics and apply it to the subject of your research paper. Does your subject at any point minimize or misrepresent information? Explain.
- Finkelstein claims that in his analysis of the Holocaust, â€œGoldhagen manages to get nearly everything about the Nazi holocaust wrong. The wrong questions are posed. The wrong answers are given. The wrong lessons are learnedâ€ (pg 56). Explain how Finkelstein supports these criticisms of Goldhagenâ€™s book, and evaluate how fair and/or accurate these criticisms are.
- In his third Chapter, â€œReflections on the GoldhagenPhenomenon,â€ Finkelsteinspeculates on why Goldhagenâ€™s book received such immense popular claim. What are those reasons, and how does Finkelstein support them? (10 points)
Note: The page #’s apply only to the book, not the online essay. Furthermore, question number 10 is only in the book.
please the answer for each questions should be at least paragraph to receive the whole points.
I posted the link at the beginning of the page so you can copy the link and pest it in Google and it will pump on Google.
Thank you so much
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.