In this assignment, you will develop a training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (certified medical administrative assistants [CMAAs]) who join the clinic.
Physicians are hiring more CMAAs to help manage the increasing complexities of patient care and practice management, while also helping to implement cost-effectiveness and efficiency. The responsibilities of a CMAA can be tailored to the needs of the practice. You will manage front-office functions, manage patient flow, and handle a wide range of tasks that have been discussed in the past few weeks. CMAAs may convey clinical information on behalf of the physician and follow clinical protocol when speaking with patients, but cannot exercise independent medical judgments. CMAAs also help to optimize patient flow, enabling the practice physicians to see more patients with efficiency, all while following the Stateâ€™s scope of practice and working under the supervision of a licensed physician.
Note: Content from Weeks 1â€“3 IPs and DBs can be wholly or partially used as necessary to address the specific Key Assignment tasks shown below. You should take into account any instructor feedback from those IPs and DBs.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name (â€œTraining Manualâ€)
- Your name
- The training manual should include the following topics:
- Introduction to the health care facility
- Explain the mission and services provided by the facility
- Explain the type of healthcare delivery model that this facility represents and the difference between this model and that of other facilities in the same region
- The organizationâ€™s structure
- Office procedures
- The Practice Management System and other Software Systems
- Description of the practice management system
- The administrative role of the practice management system
- The role of the practice management system in billing and coding
- The process of checking patients in and out
- Recording patient demographic and insurance information
- HIPAA forms to be reviewed with first time patients
- HIPAA rules and regulations to protect patient privacy
- Interacting and communicating with patients professionally
- Scheduling patients
- Other Office Procedures related to Patient Care
- Various community and patient resources
- Receive, triage, and route phone calls
- Advance Directives
- Medical Record Responsibilities
- Office procedures and guidelines for various forms of documentation (Release of Information and use of the electronic health record)
- Financial Procedures
- Financial procedures related to the policies of the organization
- Accounting and bookkeeping procedures and processes Financial procedures related to the organizationâ€™s cash flow
- Description of 2 or more reimbursement models used in the facility, e.g., fee-for-service.
- Billing policy and procedures
- Claims for reimbursement â€“ submission processes and procedures
- Review records for medical necessity
- Clean claims submission and use of the Clearinghouse
Part 2 Tasks (Week 5)
In this assignment, you will add a final section, â€œRisk Managementâ€, to your training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (CMAAs) who join the clinic.
As a CMAA in a clinic, you are responsible for ensuring that job performance is in compliance with regulatory agency guidelines. There are many areas of compliance that a CMAA must be familiar with: financial risk, local and state regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), transmission and release of information, HIPAA guidelines, patient care procedures, and prevention of medical errors. For this part of the assignment, you will add the following topics to your training manual:
- Identify and discuss 3 compliance risks.
- Indicate the consequences of not meeting these requirements.
- Add a conclusion that should include the guidelines or policies that should have been followed to prevent this infraction.
Part 3 Task (Week 5)
As the manager of the healthcare facility and supervisor for the office staff, you must plan for the implementation of staff training using the Training Manual.
- Create a plan for implementing use of the Training Manual to make sure that the office is run efficiently and effectively. Consider how you will use this Manual to train staff, assess their completion of training and continuously update training for staff. Write a one page memo to the Physician Director of the Practice describing your plan.
Note: you should include a minimum of 3 references in your training manual.
- All sources should be cited using APA formatting.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format should be correct and professional.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.