PASCO-HERNANDO STATE COLLEGE
ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE IN NURSING (R.N.) (GENERIC TRACK)
COURSE TITLE: NUR2460L – MATERNAL/CHILD NURSING
TEACHING PLAN INSTRUCTIONS (ASSIGNED DURING CLINICAL DAY: OB SIMULATION):
1. Select an individualized learning need (see teaching plan topics) for a client/family during the Clinical Day: OB Simulation, and must be approved by the Instructor.
2. Using a knowledge deficit NANDA nursing diagnosis, with a minimum of three objective and three subjective data, construct an individualized teaching plan.
3. Create a learning outcome with measurable criteria from each of the learning
domains: affective, cognitive, and psychomotor.
4. Content must be detailed and supported by evidence-based sources. (Answer:
Why are you providing this education to the client and how does it relate to the
5. Include in the instructional methods and implementation of teaching session:
• Learning setting and session length.
• Considerations of the client cultural needs
• Optimal time for education related to the postpartum client
6. References of sources are to be included at the end of the teaching plan in APA