spreadsheet 1January 13, 2021
armodrillo1 only 3January 13, 2021
Officer Landonio is now in the drug task force. He and three other officers have been assigned to serve a search warrant regarding a stolen 50-inch plasma television set. He serves the search warrant and walks into the residence with the three officers. Sitting on the coffee table is a variety of narcotics, both prescription and illegal. What are his options at this time?
During the search, one officer opened a kitchen cabinet and found a kilogram of cocaine. Can Officer Landonio take this as evidence and arrest the residents? Why or why not? What would be the next step in this process?
Check the laws in a U.S. state of your choosing and the requirements of arrest warrants. Be sure to reference and use citations in your material.
- Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- Can Officer Landonio take the cocaine as evidence? Why or why not? Explain.
- Assuming that the residents of the dwelling are present, what are Officer Landonio’s options upon finding the prescribed and illegal narcotics on the table? Explain.
- What actions will he be required to take by law? Explain.
- You will need to fabricate the details or at least address multiple possibilities for this case.
- How does discretion come into play in this case?
- How can nonresidents present in the dwelling be handled? Explain.
- With what can they be charged if arrested? Explain.
- If the residents are arrested, what are the next steps in the process? Explain.
- Can drug courts come into play regarding this case? Why or why not?
- Typically, when will drug law offenders be fined, and when will they be incarcerated? Explain.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.