This assessment has three-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
You are an administrator at Arizona Health Services (AHS), a large hospital system. You have been asked to assist in evaluating the financial feasibility of purchasing Jiranna Healthcare, a managed care organization in the San Jose area. For this part of the Performance Task, you will conduct a 5-year analysis of Jiranna Healthcare’s operational and financial data in order to determine whether or not it is an attractive acquisition. Refer to “Jiranna Finances” for financial statements to analyze.
Prepare a 2- to 3-page financial analysis. The focus must be on the content and the depth of your analysis. Unless otherwise indicated, a 5-year trend analysis—including the most recent year of available data—is expected.
Complete your analysis as follows:
- Calculate the 5-year net sales, operating expenses, operating income, and net income of Jiranna Healthcare. Once calculations are complete, interpret the resulting data and explain the significance of the trend results.
- Calculate the 5-year total profit margin, asset turnover, return on assets, and return on net worth. Once calculations are complete, interpret the resulting data and determine the company’s profitability.
- Calculate the 5-year current ratio, day’s cash on hand, and working capital. Once calculations are complete, interpret the resulting data and assess the company’s liquidity.
- Calculate the 5-year debt ratio and times interest earned ratio. Once calculations are complete, interpret the resulting data and explain the company’s long term solvency.
- Complete a DuPont analysis for each of the five most recent years. Once calculations are complete, interpret the resulting data and determine the company’s individual DuPont characteristics (e.g., total margin, total asset turnover & equity multiplier) and trends across the analysis period.
- Ultimately a decision has to be made. Would you recommend purchasing Jiranna Healthcare? Why?
For the next part of this Performance Task, you are expected to complete a number of calculations, and then interpret the numbers to provide recommendations based on these analyses. It is essential both to show your work and calculations, and to demonstrate how these calculations support your conclusions. Be sure to explain your reasoning. You will be assessed on the accuracy of your quantitative analyses and the quality of the evidence you use to support your conclusions.
Imagine that you are an administrator at Jiranna Healthcare who has been asked to analyze cash-flow data to determine the costs and benefits of implementing a new capital project. For background, read “Capital Project Case Study, Part 1.” Then, complete the “Capital Project Case Study, Part 2” spreadsheet, which provides cash-flow data (costs and benefits) for the proposal. Download and save the Excel spreadsheet, and use the information provided to complete the following:
- Calculate the cash inflows and outflows for each year.
- Calculate the following metrics:
- Net present value (NPV)
- Internal rate of return (IRR)
- Modified internal rate of return (MIRR)
- Payback period
- Discounted payback period
- In a 1- to 2-page report, provide your recommendation with rationale, as to whether the project is acceptable, assuming Jiranna has a corporate policy of not accepting projects that take more than 3.5 years to pay for themselves, and assuming an 11% cost of capital
You are an administrator at Jiranna Healthcare. You have been asked to conduct a budget variance analysis: analyzing performance by comparing budgeted workload, revenue, and expenses for a range of different service lines, with actual workload, revenue, and expenses for those service lines.
Open the document “Variance Analysis Case Study,” where you will find data on the expenses, revenue, and inpatient product lines at Jiranna Healthcare.
Analyze the data and prepare a 3- to 4-page report. In your report, address each of the five following questions. In each case, show the calculations that you conducted to answer the question. Then, explain your conclusion and how your calculations support your reasoning.
- What was the hospital’s original profit forecast (assume away any issues with depreciation, taxes, etc.)? Halfway through the fiscal year, what is the hospital’s revised projection for FY11 profits?
- Which inpatient service lines are over budget? Which inpatient service lines are over budget after accounting for workload increases?
- What two actions would you recommend be taken at the mid-year point if you oversaw a fee-for-service hospital? In other words, where are the problem areas on which you would focus your attention, and who might provide ideas for “best practices” based on their performance?
- What two actions would you recommend be taken at the mid-year point if you oversaw a capitated hospital? In this case, the revenue spreadsheet would be replaced with an overall budget of $50 million with which to operate (rather than being able to bill for each episode of patient care). Federal, state, county, and city hospitals normally operate under a capped budget. Additionally, many HMOs also operate under a fixed per member, per month (PMPM) capitated process.
Edit question’s body
Edit question’s attachments
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.