expertresearcher 112January 12, 2021
Rough Draft Qualitative Research Critique and Ethical Considerations In NursingJanuary 12, 2021
Assignment 1: Discussion—Use and Misuse of Percentages
In this assignment, you will identify the uses and misuses of information presented in the form of percentages. Some examples have been provided in the lectures for this module. Search the Internet to find more examples. These can be examples of percentages used in advertising claims, reported results from a study, or information shared by a government agency.
First, search for one of the following types of usage of percentages:
- Use of percentages as a fraction: This will be the use of the word ofto imply multiplication. Was it an effective way to represent the information in the context of the example you found?
- Use of percentages to describe change:In the example you found, determine whether the reported percentage demonstrated absolute or relative change. Show how you calculated this. Explain whether this was an effective way to represent this information.
- Use of percentages for comparison: In the example you found, determine if the reported percentage demonstrated absolute or relative change. Show your calculation. How effective was this way of representing the information?
Next, find an example of one of the following misuses of percentages:
- Use of a shifting reference value: In this situation, the base values are changed as differing values of percentages are applied as increases, decreases, or both. Remember that percentage increases, decreases, or both do not have a cumulative effect. Be sure to demonstrate why your example fits this category.
- Use of percentage to represent less than nothing:Look for an example where you notice a reduction of some percentage greater than 100. Demonstrate why your example fits this category.
- Situation where the average percentage is reported: In general, you cannot average percentages. The result is not representative of what actually has occurred in the situation in question. Demonstrate why your example fits this category.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.