Can you do a two responses to the DQ I have attached first before you start the assignment
Constructivism is the foundation for the Brenau educator preparation program. It is vital that you are knowledgeable about the major theories of child development that relate to constructivist teaching. You should submit your journal with the key elements of the theories of Piaget and Vygotsky. You should add information about Kohlberg to your journal after you have learned about that theory of moral development, but you do not need to submit your journal again. You should use information from your textbook, mini-lectures, video clips, and handouts but you should respond to the questions in your own words. Do not cut and paste information from any source.
You are encouraged to discuss your understanding of the theories with your classmates, but this is not a group assignment. Each student should compose his or her own entries into your own journal. You are also encouraged to continue to add to this journal as you complete other courses in which the theories will be discussed.
You should respond to each of the questions below in no less than a few complete and meaningful sentences that show your understanding of the concepts. You will earn points as indicated in the attached rubric.
1. In your own words, define what is meant by constructivist teaching. If you were asked to describe constructivist teaching in a job interview, what would you say?
2. What are the key elements of the theory of Jean Piaget and how does the theory relate to constructivist teaching?
3. What are the key elements of the theory of Lev Vygotsky and how does the theory relate to constructivist teaching?
4. What are the major differences between the theories of Piaget and Vygotsky?
5. How will you become a constructivist teacher? Explain your beliefs and how you would specifically act upon them in your teaching.
In your submission, please identify your response to each item with the corresponding number.