Respond to the question using the lessons and vocabulary found in the readings. Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
Mr. Smith, a 60 year-old man with coronary heart disease, experienced frequent bouts of angina pectoris. One day while moving a piece of heavy furniture, he experienced excruciating pain over his left chest. He began sweating heavily, became short of breath, and then collapsed. He was transferred to the emergency room at a nearby hospital. Mr. Smith’s EKG was diagnostic of myocardial infarction. A coronary angiography was performed and an occlusion was found in a in the descending branch of the left coronary artery. Intravenous drugs were administered to dissolve the clot that was causing the obstruction. His cardiologist informed him that some of his heart muscle had died as a result of the myocardial infarction.
1. Discuss the risk factors for a myocardial infarction.
2. As per your analysis, what type of cell injury did Mr. Smith sustain and why?
3. Differentiate between reversible and non-reversible cell injury.
4. Discuss the pathophysiological changes that occur during a myocardial infarction.
5. Correlate the subjective and objective findings of a myocardial infarction with the disease
Must include references and in-text citations. No more than a page.