Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic personality disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for this disorder.
- Describe clinical features from a client that led you to believe this client had this disorder. Align the clinical features with the DSM-5 criteria.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resources.
Required Readings ( need 3 references)
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
· Standard 12 “Leadership” (pages 76-77)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
· “Personality Disorders”
Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbard’s treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications.
· Chapter 68, “Paranoid, Schizotypal, and Schizoid Personality Disorders”
· Chapter 69, “Antisocial Personality Disorder”
· Chapter 70, “Borderline Personality Disorder”
· Chapter 71, “Histrionic Personality Disorder”
· Chapter 72, “Narcissistic Personality Disorder”
· Chapter 73, “Cluster C Personality Disorders
Perry, J. C., Presniak, M. D., & Olson, T. R. (2013). Defense mechanisms in schizotypal, borderline, antisocial, and narcissistic personality disorders. Psychiatry: Interpersonal & Biological Processes, 76(1), 32–52. doi:10.1521/psyc.2013.76.1.32
Rees, C. S., & Pritchard, R. (2015). Brief cognitive therapy for avoidant personality disorder. Psychotherapy, 52(1), 45–55. doi:10.1037/a0035158
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
· Chapter 4, “Theories of Personality and Psychopathology” (pp. 151–191)
· Chapter 22, “Personality Disorders” (pp. 742–762)
· Chapter 13, “Psychosomatic Medicine” (pp. 465–503)
Kernberg, O. (n.d.). Psychoanalytic psychotherapy [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.