While treating the chronically ill, a major challenge is developing a plan of care that addresses the specific needs of a patient and a caregiver. You need to be in close touch with patients and their support group, family and peers, to come up with an ideal plan.
In this course project, you are going to develop a plan of care for a chronic illness group of your choice using the Healthy People 2020 topics. While executing the tasks of this project, remember that while you need to give a general overview of the biomedical considerations of the case, the focus should always be on the psychosocial elements. Your perspective in this care plan should be the patient’s goals rather than those of the medical team.
Each week, you will complete a part of this project, submitting the final project in Week 5.
Identify a chronic illness of specific interest to you that is also identified as a Healthy People 2020 topic (healthypeople.gov). In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, address the following criteria:
· Identify a chronic illness and rationale for choice.
· Develop a questionnaire by utilizing your knowledge of health and illness, with the aim of acquiring all information you need from patients to prepare a plan of care for the specific illness group.
· Discuss morbidity and comorbidity of the disease.
· Discuss the impact of the chronic illness and patient morbidity on overall health of the nation.
· Incorporate Healthy People 2020 goals and objectives for the specific illness group.
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
On a separate references page, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.