Nurses are often portrayed in films and television. From Nurse Ratched in One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest, to Julia Baker in Julia, and Gaylord “Greg” Focker in Meet the Parents, nurses have been portrayed showing various traits. Some are positive, while others are less than caring. For each, the five elements of emotional intelligence, 1) self-awareness, 2) self-regulation, 3) motivation, 4) empathy, and 5) social skills, are expressed at different levels. Select a nurse archetype portrayed in films or on television and consider the following.
· What features of emotional intelligence does your selected nurse portray? What features are they lacking? Provide an example to support your rationale.
· If you were the nurse’s leader, how would use your change agent characteristics to support that individual’s growth? Provide specific examples using scenarios from the setting from which the nurse is portrayed.
· How does complexity theory or chaos theory influence the organization in which the nurse is portrayed? Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
Hanrahan, K., Wagner, M., Matthews, G., Stewart, S., Dawson, C., Greiner, J., & Williamson, A. (2015). Sacred cow gone to pasture: A systematic evaluation and integration of evidence-based practice (Links to an external site.). Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 12(1), 3-11. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12072 (Links to an external site.)
Kawar, L. N., Dunbar, G., & Scruth, E. A. (2017). Creating a credible and ethical curriculum vitae (Links to an external site.). Clinical Nurse Specialist: The Journal for Advanced Nursing Practice, 31(6), 298. https://doi.org/10.1097/NUR.0000000000000327 (Links to an external site.)
Marshall, E. S. & Broome, M.E. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 1: Expert Clinician to Transformational Leader in a Complex Health Care Organization: Foundations
o Table 1.2 Examples of Situational and Constituent Interaction Theories for Leadership, Emotional Leadership,” p. 10
· Chapter 2: Understanding Contexts for Transformational Leadership: Complexity, Change, and Strategic Planning
o Theory of Complex Adaptive Systems, P. 40-41
o Nurse Leaders Within Complex Health Care Systems, P. 41-44
This is a Doctorate level paper. APA format (7th edition). At least 2 references (must be within 5 years)
Absolutely plagiarism free.