The Formal Portfolio Paper:
Answer each of the questions (in full sentences, paragraph form)
- Explain the difference between a nationâ€™s health and a nationâ€™s healthcare system. What are indicators of health (how we measure health in a community or nation)? What (indicators) do we measure in a healthcare system?
- (Summarize) List and explain some factors contributing to the rising number of uninsured in the USA? Cite facts, numbers and examples. What are the demographics of the uninsured before the ACA? Why do the numbers of uninsured rise and fall? How does being uninsured impact health? How does being uninsured impact healthcare?
- (Summarize) List and explain some factors contributing to the rising costs of healthcare? How are healthcare costs measured, and how are these numbers increasing? What are the main areas of healthcare expenditures? Pharmaceutical companies- how do they justify their high prices? How is this contributing to rising costs? Cite facts, numbers and examples.
- (Analyze) What strategies or policies do other countries use to address universal healthcare (access for all)? What strategies or policies do other countries use to address price controls? Explain and give examples from at least 3 countries.
- (Evaluate) Concluding paragraph: Summary of views:
- How would you summarize the USA Healthcare system? Based on what you have learned so far, what are the strengths and weaknesses of the US health care system?
- Citations in text and a Work Cited page, APA style
The purpose of this paper is to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the issues we have covered in class so far. Use the information from your readings, the videos, notes and papers we have already done in class to summarize information and synthesize answers to the questions.
Cite facts, statistics, demographics and numbers. Give specific examples to answer each question.
Remember, just identify the issues in our healthcare system, you donâ€™t need to offer suggestions to fix anything. We will look at proposals to fix the system later.
(Analyze = identify, compare, distinguish, deduce, predict)
(Evaluate = judge, justify, critique, verify)
Glossary of Healthcare Terms Click http://www.pbs.org/healthcarecrisis/glossary.htm link to open resource.
Pro-Con Obamacare Summary Page link to pro-con Click http://healthcarereform.procon.org/ link to open resource.
2014 National Healthcare Quality & Disparities Report
Agency for healthcare research and Quality Click
link to open resource.
Health Affairs Journal At the Intersection of Health, Healthcare and Policy Click
http://www.healthaffairs.org/ link to open resource.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.