Note: you have to answers all questions.
A) Basic Background: Be able to provide concise answers (two or three sentences) to the following questions:
- What is the Tanak(h) and what are its three major divisions
- What is the Torah?
- Name five stages through which the Bible is thought by scholars to have come to be.
- Explain the term canon in reference to the Old Testament
- What is the Promise?
- What is meant by the term covenant?
- Who is Hagar and why is she significant?
- What is the significance of the change of Jacob’s name to Israel?
- How does the story of Joseph help to explain how the tribes came to live in Egypt
- Who are Shiprah and Puah and how do they escape punishment by Pharaoh?
- What event does the Jewish feast of Passover commemorate?
- What is the Decalogue? To whom was it given and where?
B) Write a well- developed and specific paragraph that shows your understanding of content and concepts. Be specific in referring to scripture but avoid simple summary.
- What is meant by the term “biblical criticism”? Give three examples of the way in
- Why do scholars think that the first chapters of Genesis contain two accounts of the creation? Include specific examples of how the two accounts seem to differ.
- What is the documentary hypothesis?
- Characterize the meaning of faith as described in the story of Abraham’s call. Why is Abraham considered a model for faith?
- Describe the major steps in the process through which, according to most scholars, the Bible came to be.
- In the narrative of Adam and Eve’s creation, fall, and exile God is described in anthropomorphic terms. Explain “anthropomorphic,” giving several examples.
- What do we learn in the narrative of the burning bush about the nature of the prophetic calling and the giving of God’s name as Yahweh?
- What was David’s sin? Why is he still considered a leading figure in the history of the nation even though he sinned
which scholars apply biblical criticism.
C) Content and Identifications: Sarah, Ishmael, Isaac, Rebekah, Esau, Jacob, Rachel, Leah, the Twelve Tribes, Joseph, Exodus, the final plague, Passover, Moses, the deacalogue.
Essay: Be prepared to write an essay of three to five paragraphs on the following topics. Have a thesis and plan of organization. Refer to the text but do not simply summarize the story. It is up to you to limit and focus your essay, but be specific
The Responsibility to Care for Creation (Genesis)
The role of women as portrayed in Genesis (You may concentrate on one or several or on a practice)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.