NURS 10January 13, 2021
week 5 primary care journalJanuary 13, 2021
Violence on Children’s TV
The National Television Violence Study found that in 1996-1997, 61% of television programs contained violence, and, of those selected, 75% showed no remorse, criticism of, or penalty for the violence. Forty percent of violent acts were committed by attractive characters.
For this assignment, you need to watch an hour of children’s television, preferably cartoons, and analyze the level of violence in the chosen children’s show.
- Rate the aggressive acts using the following scale:
- Mild: Verbal aggression with no physical contact
- Medium: Physical contact with no blood, such as pushing, shoving, and hitting
- Extreme: Use of force to cause bodily injury, such as guns, knives, and other weapons, where blood is produced
- Determine if any of the following occurs after the violent acts:
- remorse for the violence
- criticism of the violence
- any consequences of the violence
- Analyze how the chosen show might influence the growing child, based on your readings. What messages is this show giving to the child?
1 Page APA format with intext citations
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.