Case study â€“ Social Media Research Centre
One of the projects within the Social Media Research Centre larger project that Bruce has identified as important is the development of a web application for the proposed centre.
This application would include an internet website and section for members on the intranet. Bruce has appointed You as the manager of this project commencing work on 1 April 2017. Bruceâ€™s team has conducted the feasibility study and financial analysis to confirm that project must go ahead and must commence as you join your role.
You must assist Bruce in preparing the project charter that need to be submitted within first week of May 2017 via a kick-off meeting to be held with all major stakeholders presenting and discussing the charter before they all signoff and approve charter.
This website should contain information about the major research projects, list of supervisors, Masters and PhD student projects, publications (conference and journal papers), and project reports. The application manager Sonia Reed should update all these details on the website using the intranet login. Members can also update their project details via their member account. It has also been identified by Bruce that displaying the information, program, recorded presentations and reports/publications of the events held in the area of social media research will help in promoting the centre. Sonia would collect this information from the events manager and update the information on the web application before, during and after the events as needed.
Your team must include appropriate experts to assess the application, network and database software and hardware needs to support this project.
Your manager, Bruce has given you guidance that the project needs to be completed within 8 months and that costs should be minimised wherever possible with given budget of AUD 50000.00
- WBS first using indented format. (25 marks)
- Gantt chart-Take the WBS you have already developed. Define all of the activities that will be necessary to create each deliverable in your WBS. Create a schedule for your project. First create the schedule by hand using Post-it Notes, and then put the information into MS Project. Take screenshots of the schedule to be pasted in your word document that you are submitting. Be sure to include all of the summary rows (including the first row for the project title) and any key milestones. Make sure the critical path is easy to see.- 10 marks
- Create a time-phased budget for your example project using bottom-up estimating. To the extent your sponsor will supply rates for workers, use those. Approximate rates for ones you cannot get. Ask your sponsor how they treat indirect costs. Be sure to include direct labour costs for you and your team mates and add 20% for fringe. State all assumptions and constraints you have used when creating your budget. State how confident you are in your estimates and what would make you more confident. Give examples of known knowns and known unknowns on your project. Tell how you have budgeted for both of them plus how you have budgeted for unknown unknowns. (15 marks)
- Create a risk register ( 4 risks- 3 negative and 1 positive risk)for your example project. (20 marks)
- Quality Management Plan. (10 marks) It should include:
A short statement that reflects your teamâ€™s philosophy or objective for ensuring that you deliver a quality system to your client. ( 4 marks)
Develop and describe 3 quality issues related to this project that your project team could implement to ensure quality ( 6 marks)
- Closure checklist and project evaluation. (20 marks) :
Develop a closure checklist that the project team will use to ensure that the project has been closed properly.
Develop a project evaluation â€“outline and discuss how your projectâ€™s MOV will be evaluated.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- The first major section (1.0) should be project management and include the various project management deliverables such as charter, WBS, schedule, progress reports, etc.
- Deliverables should match those in the charter.
- Each item on the WBS should have a unique name. If there is possible confusion between two items add an extra adjective to differentiate them. For example, two items could be â€œfirst draft reportâ€ and â€œsecond draft report.â€
- Each line should be numbered with major sections being 1.0 then 2.0, etc.
- Each major section should be broken down into between three and twelve subsidiary sections. If further breakdown is needed, more levels should be used.
- All items on WBS are deliverables oriented (they are the â€œwhatsâ€ of the project). Activities are defined as an outgrowth of the WBS and will appear in the schedule.
- The WBS can be submitted in free-form, org-chart, or indented-outline format.
- The WBS should appear to be complete with all interim and ending deliverables included.
Schedule / Gantt chart
- The schedule should appear to be complete given the charter and WBS.
- The schedule should appear to be reasonable without requiring heroics to complete on time.
- Include WBS column to left of task name column.
- Include overall project name as top row.
- Have all summaries stated in noun only format (or adjective noun â€“ but on present tense verbs).
- Have all tasks (activities) stated in present tense verb-adjective-noun format.
- Have all milestones stated in noun and past tense verb format.
- All tasks should have dependencies shown â€“ no loose ends.
- Display Gantt portion of schedule as large as possible.
- Show critical path in red (or distinctive hash marks if printer is only black).
- Show arrows with dependencies.
- Include no more than 40 lines per page â€“ ensure it is large enough to read easily.
- Include no more pages than necessary so there is little need to align multiple pages for reading unless it is a large schedule.
All referencing in the project material must be in accordance with the APA style guide. A guide to the APA style of referencing (the style now used by the Faculty of Business) is available at: http://student.csu.edu.au/study/referencing-at-csu
Please identify every question …
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.