rational equations and inequalities algebra homework helpMarch 17, 2023
Finding the right DGP and Graph economics homework helpMarch 17, 2023
- Jenna Rivers has a salary of 40,000 to run here apartment. She lives there with her parents and three young children aged 1, 2 and 4 years. She has no other assets or forms of income. She has no other support system.
- What is the absolute measure of poverty used by the state and federal government called? Why is this measure used and not a relative measure?
- Who sets the poverty threshold these days? Why is it controversial?
- How many people are poor in the US? Who is typically living in poverty?
- What two social trends do the demographics point to? Describe these trends.
- What is the culture of poverty and what is the weakness in this theory?
- What does the theory, functionality of poverty indicate?
- Is it true that the poor are blamed and that the systems role is rarely addressed and do the poor internalize the stigma and blame? What do you think can be done to address this?
- Explain the two requirements for individuals to keep from becoming poor?
- How does race affect income and wealth in the US? Explain how various factors can bring this about?
- Discuss the different consequences of poverty?
- Imagine you work at a Social Service Agency. Marty Harding walks in with a request for help. Your intake reveals that she has lost her job after ten years and her husband is retiring that year, and their income will be down to almost nothing. She has two children aged six and eight.
Mason Drew gets has an annual income of 33,000, and his parents pay childcare for his five children, rent and groceries. Their house, would one day be his own. His wife helps at her sister’s restaurant and gets tips for waiting tables and leftovers. The restaurant co owner who owns a hospital gives Mason’s family free health care when ever they need it.
If the poverty line is considered to be 35,000 then which of the two families is really poor?
Which definition of poverty would be more appropriate – relative or absolute?
Elaborate the social welfare programs that she is eligible for. Are the programs adequate? How would you change the program to make it serve the needy in a better manner?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.