1) Summarize Mannerist art.
2) Visit the Google Art Project: http://www.googleartproject.com/ (Links to an external site.). Go to the Frick Gallery and locate Giovanni Bellini’s St. Francis in the Desert. Examine the surface closely. When you have found one of the artist’s fingerprints in the paint, describe the location.
3) Compare and contrast Raphael’s School of Athens with Veronese’s Triumph of Venice. How did each work reflect its respective artistic environment? In what ways does the art of Venice contrast with that of Rome during the 16th century? Compare their subject matter and the different ways they created illusionistic space.( I uploaded the images )
4) Visit the National Gallery of Art’s exhibition of Venetian Renaissance painting ( http://www.nga.gov/collection/gallery/gg16/gg16-main1.html (Links to an external site.) ). Based on the information provided by the website and what you read in the textbook, answer the following questions. Provide the title, artist, and date.
5) Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s website dedicated to Mannerism: Bronzing and his Contemporaries ( http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/zino/hd_zino.htm (Links to an external site.) ). View the paintings and read the text. Answer the following questions.
6) Identify the roles women played in 16 th -century Italian art, both as artists and subjects. Cite specific examples in your answer.