Once upon a time, in a land far away, Dell held very little inventory. A computer was not built until it was ordered. This was a highly centralized supply chain operation. By contrast, Wal-Mart has a highly decentralized supply chain, with regional warehouses from which store managers select specific items to stock.
Required Elements of the Supply Chain Trade-Off Assessment:
- Choose an organization that is neither Dell nor Wal-Mart;
- Do you best to determine how its supply chain operates by defining the nature of its separate functions (For example, purchasing, inventory management, transportation, or customer service);
- Explain your reasoning as to which functions in the organization’s supply chain should be centralized, and which should be decentralized.
Required Formatting of Supply Chain Trade-Off Assessment:
- This report should be double spaced, 12-point font, and two to three pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page;
- Write in the third person
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
NOTE: You might consider 4-5 SC functions to be effective.
Some may be a blend of centralized and decentralized – be sure to explain why carefully
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.