his assignment focuses on how you might be asked to respond in the wake of a natural disaster as a mental health professional working with law enforcement.
In a minimum of 300 words, respond to the following:
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Paper should be 1,500-2,000-words and reflect critical thinking and analysis. Refer to the Academic Writing Guidelines Resource located in the Course Materials section for assistance with this.
You must have a minimum of six references to support your research. The references should be taken from the annotated bibliography completed earlier in the course.
Your research paper should include information about the following:
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. Must Pass Turnitin with less than 5%
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
5.C.2.e. Potential for substance use disorders to mimic and/or co-occur with a variety of neurological, medical, and psychological disorders.
5.C.2.g. Impact of biological and neurological mechanisms on mental health.
5.C.2.h. Classifications, indications, and contraindications of commonly prescribed psychopharmacological medications for appropriate medical referral and consultation.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
3) Describe the behavioral, psychological, physical health, and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, on the consumer and significant others.
9) Understand the established diagnostic criteria for substance dependence and abuse, and describe treatment modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
20) Understand the addiction professional’s obligation to adhere to generally accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct in the helping relationship.
103) Describe warning signs, symptoms, and the course of addictions.
107) Understand the health and behavioral problems related to the treatment of addiction, including transmission and prevention of HIV/AIDS, TB, STDs, and other communicable diseases.
117) Interpret and apply information from current counseling and addictions research literature in order to improve client care and enhance