Week 2 Assignment
As a manager, you will usually not prepare financial statements. Your expertise will, instead, be valuable in reading, analyzing, and interpreting them. However, as a learner, preparing such statements will help you to understand them in better detail.
For this Assignment, read the chapter case study â€œCash Flows and Financial Statements at Sunset Boards, Inc.â€ at the end of Chapter 2 of your course text. The case deals with cash flows and financial statements at Sunset Boards, Inc.
Submit by Day 7 all of the following:
Prepare the following financial statements using the Financial Statements Template in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources:
- An income statement for 2013 and 2014
- A balance sheet for 2013 and 2014
- Operating cash flow for each year (Ross et al., 2014)
Write a 250-word paper using the Assignment Template in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources that addresses the following questions:
- How would you best describe Sunset Boards’ cash flows for 2014? Write a brief discussion.
- In light of your discussion in the previous question, what do you think about Tad’s expansion plans?
Week 2 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources.
- Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R. W., & Jordan, B. D. (2012). Essentials of corporate finance (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- Chapter 3, â€œWorking with Financial Statementsâ€ (pp. 53â€“96)
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. (n.d.) Beginnersâ€™ guide to financial statements. Retrieved http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/begfinstmtguide.htm
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.