Project science homework helpMarch 9, 2023
Access to Technology and Economic Development Writing homework helpMarch 9, 2023
Open the “GEO101L_Lab1_Map.docx” file provided. All of the symbols/letters that you will need are below the image.
How to complete the exercise:
Attached is a map of the ocean floor. GEO101L_Lab1_Map.docx It shows plate boundaries and features of the continental margin. All that you have to do is drag the letters from the bottom of the doc and place them where they belong on the map.
- If you click on a letter/symbol, you will see a box form around it.
- If you grab it by a line, not a circle, you can move it anywhere you wish.
- If it is difficult to get the line, you can zoom in or make the box bigger using the circles.
Note: You will probably need more than one ★. If so, just copy ans paste it as many times as you need.
When you are done, save the file to your hard drive for backup. You will now want to convert your page into a PDF. This will keep all of your labels in position.
Complete the following
- Label each of the boundaries listed using the letters or shapes indicated: divergent (D), convergent (C) and transform fault boundaries (TF).
- Label each of the features listed: continental shelf, (SF) continental slope (SL), abyssal plain (AP), seamount (SM), trench (TR) and a hot spot (HS).
- Label Iceland (IL), Azores (AZ), Surtsey (SS). St. Helena (SH), Ascension (AS) and Tristan de Cunha (TC).
- Using the USGS earthquake site (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/), label the quakes over a 5.0 magnitude (★) and the quake closest to your location (Dallas, Texas).below. In the upper right hand corner of the page, you will see an icon that looks like a wheel or gear. Click on it and select 7-days, All Magnitudes, Worldwide. The three lines to the left of the gear provides you with a list of quakes starting with the most recent.
- Label the following: Rockies (RK), Himalayas (HM), Andes (AN) and Appalachians (AP).
- Label the following: Hawai’i (HI), Mt. St. Helens (ST), Etna (ET), Pelee (PE), Kilimanjaro (KI), Pinatubo (PI) and Fuji (FJ).
Questions: Make sure that you answer each thoroughly.
- Describe the relationship, if any, of the boundaries in #1 to the features that you labeled in #2.
- Describe the relationship, if any, of the boundaries in #1 to the islands that you labeled in #3.
- Describe the relationship, if any, of the boundaries in #1 to the quakes that you labeled in #4.
- Describe the relationship, if any, of the boundaries in #1 to the mountain chains that you labeled in #5.
- Describe the relationship, if any, of the boundaries in #1 to the volcanoes that you labeled in #5.
- What do you think controls the appearance and form of the continental margin?
- How do you think that the mountain chains in #5 formed?
- Here is a thought question. Reflect back on your answer to questions C and E. Based on those responses, does it seem logical that Kilimanjaro is a much bigger volcano than any of the others, excluding Hawai’i? Hawai’i is a different type of volcano. Be sure to explain your answer.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.