Discuss complications associated with spinal trauma based upon time of injury. January 12, 2021
quiz 3964877 2January 12, 2021
Signature AssignmentCase Presentations of PsoriasisSummary: Each Student will prepare and present 2 pathophysiology case presentations. The following week students will work in small groups and di
Case Presentations of Psoriasis
Summary: Each Student will prepare and present 2 pathophysiology case presentations. The following week students will work in small groups and discuss the presentations posted by the members in their small group. Presentations are due in week 3 and 6, while the discussions will be held during weeks 4 and 7.
Students will be assigned a diagnostic topic and patient scenario to present as a case presentation. Presentations will be completed as a narrated Power Point Presentation and posted in the Discussion Board for the corresponding week. Please see the presentation content tab for instructions on how to post in DB as well as a table of student topic assignments.
- Give an overview of the patient with the presumptive diagnosis*. You can “create” a patient case based on your knowledge of the diagnosis, based on a patient you have seen in your work or personal experience, or use a case study from the following recommended text:
Harold J. Bruyere (2009) 100 Case Studies in Pathophysiology. Login Bros. ISBN 978-0-7817-6145-1
- Give an in-depth discussion of the pathophysiology of your diagnosis as it occurs over time; include signs, symptoms, diagnostic studies and the underlying pathophysiologic process causing these signs and symptoms. Support this pathophysiology with high level evidence.
- Summarize treatments and outcomes in terms of pathophysiologic alterations.
- Once you have had an in-depth discussion of your diagnosis overall, be sure to connect your case discussion back to the patient you have presented. Example, If your patient has HTN and DM, be sure to include a discussion of the symptoms that your patient is exhibiting and discuss treatments specifically aimed for your patient.
- Support your case discussion with current (in the past 5 years) high level evidence. Patient information portals, disease association websites and other resources such as Uptodate, Epocrates, Medscape, Mayo Clinic are notconsidered high levels of evidence and should be avoided for your presentations. While use of the course textbooks is permitted, a minimum of 3 high level citations outside of the course texts is required. If you are unclear about what is considered high level evidence, please review content from your Evidence Based Nursing Practice Course
- Include some graphics to support your presentation and to make it more visually engaging
- Be sure that you are using your slides to support the verbal presentation. Do not simply read the slides to your audience. Presentations that are read to the audience without expansion of the content will be graded as if no narration were included.
- Presentation Length: The Patient Presentation component is typically 5 min or less, and a maximum of 3 slides. Be sure to include just the pertinent positive and pertinent negatives. The discussion of the case progression and pathophysiology is typically 10 -15 slides, and 15-20 minutes in length. The entire presentation is a maximum of 25 minutes and maximum of 18 slides which includes your title and reference slides.
- APA formatting for your presentation is required.
Power Point Post Requirements:
- You will post 2 files.
- The first is a copy of your presentation with a transcript of your planned narration in the notes section of the ppt file. This file should not have the narration included.
- The second file is of your narrated presentation.
- It is acceptable to post a link to a youtube video of your ppt presentation**. If you do so, you must also post the non-narrated ppt with transcription of your planned narration.
- Please do not post your presentation as any other type of document or movie file. This include MPV4 files etc.
**View these instructions for recording your presentation using Screencast-o-matic https://drive.google.com/open?id=10IgEjiJCp5s2WIxposCGNLJNqO3WxAnJaeqAMiVxvjs
*Patient Presentation Guidelines
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.