1. Please discuss what a moral hazard in commercial banking is and how these can be mitigated to (hopefully) prevent further financial crisis.
2. Please describe what financial and economic function banks preform (AKA: what is ‘it’ that banks do). Why are these functions important?
3. Chapter 10 addresses innovation and creativity in banking. Please describe how and why the inflation of the 1970’s and 1980’s coupled with deregulation ushered in an era of financial innovation.
4. What are the practical limits of bank regulations, or why is it impossible to fix all financial sector issues with more regulations?
5. Financial crisis have occupied a great deal of our attention this past decade. Please provide a definition of a financial crisis, give an example of one and then your recommendation on how such a problem could have been prevented.
6. In order to be effective and successful it is thought to be best practice that Central Banks be independent from direct governmental action and influence. Do you believe this is a good approach why or why not? What would you do today to address issues that impact the US Federal Reserve System?